Those who have been working with experimentation for a while already know that there are a large number of experimental techniques and that the possibilities grow to infinity if we think about mixing them! This course proposes to know advanced techniques of experimental photography, those that go a step beyond the basic techniques and those that are born from the mixture of techniques. In addition, we will think of ways to apply them and create new techniques, giving freedom to our imagination. This eight session course begins with a live conference where we can have a panoramic view of the possibilities of searching for and creating new techniques based on what we already know. From here, we will go through pre-recorded workshops and conferences to go deeper and open up new possibilities. We will close the course with a meeting where we will present all the projects we have created and we will look for possibilities to continue growing within the experimentation.
+ 8 Sessions
+ 9 Techniques
+ 8 Workshops
+ 2 Meetings
+ 12 Conferences
+ 1 Chat to share material and answer questions
+ Dates: from December 11 to January 29
This course is repeated in February and April
+ Duration: 30 teaching hours. Each student manages their time.
The meetings have schedules but it is not mandatory to participate
+ Level: it is recommended to have taken the Intermediate course
+ Modality: pre-recorded online with 2 live meetings
+ Language: English and Spanish videos with English subtitles
+ Price: 100 €
Intervention - Collage - Mordançage - Photography and Poetry - Experimental 3D - Digital Art - Experimental Polaroid - Experimental Cinema - Scanography
SESSION 1: AGORA PRESENTATION MEETING
December 11, live online, ENG 19-21hs (Hora de España - GMT+2)
Meeting: Experimental photography: concepts, debates and techniques with Pablo Giori
SESSION 2: INTERVENED PHOTOGRAPHY (I) : COLLAGE AND PHOTOGRAPHY AND POETRY
Workshop: Collage: Body and Landscape with Mariana Mizarela
SESSION 3: INTERVENED PHOTOGRAPHY (II) : MORDANÇAGE
Workshop: Introduction to Mordançage: Black and White Prints with Ella Morton
- 1/1: Strategies to Create Unique Photographs with Guilherme Maranhão
- Sexto Continente: entre el laboratorio fotográfico y la cueva subterránea con Estrella Herrera
SESSION 4: EXPERIMENTAL 3D and DIGITAL ART
Workshop: Introduction to experimental 3D art Blender with Irina Chernikova
- Volumetría y programación de la realidad con Felipe Elgueta
- Into the Underworld / Ngā Mahi Rarowhenua with Chirag Jindal
SESSION 5: POLAROID EXPERIMENTAL II
- Chemical Interventions in Polaroid with Rosalie Anderson
- Experimental Lightpainting – a Polaroid adventure with Felicita Russo
SESSION 6: PHOTOGRAPHY IN MOTION: EXPERIMENTAL CINEMA
- Handmade Cinema and Direct Animation with Cali M. Banks
- Animación con cámaras térmicas con Sibux
- Fotografía y danza: hibridismo y experimentación con Ana Mundim
SESSION 7: EXPLORING OTHER DEVICES
Workshop: Creating Cameras from Scanners: Scanography with Guilherme Maranhão
Conference: Randomness And Random Approaches In Photography with Ergül Karagözoğlu
SESSION 8: CLOSING OF AGORA MEETING
January 29, live online, ENG 19-21hs (Spain Time - GMT+2)
Presentations of student work, viewing of references and dynamics with questions
- The three technical courses are repeated in December, January and April. Whenever you want to work on a personal project, you can enter the Mentorship Experimental Project course if there are places available.
- It is possible to finance the cost of the course in instalments. Send us an email for more details
- The contents of all the courses will be available until September 1, 2024.
- Ágora reserves the right to modify aspects of the content if it deems it necessary.
- The economic and administrative management of the Ágora is the responsibility of the Experimentalphotofestival non-profit association and the workshops purchased are non-refundable. All courses carry a VAT of 21% included in the price. During the payment process, you will be asked for a Passport number, NIE/NIF/CIF that must be provided solely and exclusively for accounting and tax matters.