is a non-publishing house designed to edit books by experimental authors. We produce and promote self-published books by experimental authors of little diffusion and we make an annual open call to produce and publish a no-photobook.
Photobooks that are not just books
Open call for the creation of an experimental non-photobook
We invite the entire international experimental community to participate in this open call to create a non-photobook of multiple authorship. We are looking for projects that can enter into dialogue with others to create something new, both regarding content and form. This proposal is framed within the three experimental challenges that we have proposed ourselves during the festival: mixing techniques, looking for the message, and working collectively.
With all the proposals received, we will work with those selected to create a new project based on the dialogue between the artists, Pablo Giori, the festival's co-director, and Sergio Lairisa, the designer. The call will be open from October 15th to November 15th and the results will be announced on December 1st.
- Individual or collective projects of all kinds and stages of preparation are accepted. If the selected project is collective, the second one will act as an interventor.
- Participation has a price of 20 euros as a pre-purchase of the final book. This means that all participants will receive a copy of the edited book, whomever the winners are, without paying shipping costs.
- It is possible to send more than one proposal but each one has to be paid individually.
- All participants agree, when submitting their proposal, to actively participate in the process of creating the final photobook, respecting the proposed production schedule. If not, the Experimentalphotofestival Association can revoke the award and select another project.
- The jury will be made up of the Experimentalphotofestival Association, Aida Navajas, and Sergio Lairisa and their decisions are final.
- All participants in this open call declare that they are responsible for the rights and content of the submitted project (texts, images, and graphic design).
- Schedule: between October and November the call is open; the selected ones will be presented on December 1st; during the month of December and January the project is created collectively; in February the design is carried out; in March it will be printed; to be presented in July during EXP.22 festival.
- The Experimentalphotofestival Association will be in charge of the creation, production, and dissemination of the photobook, as well as its international distribution from our platforms.
- The final price of the published photobook will be 25 euros (+ shipping)
- Registration process: after making the payment, you will receive an email with a form where you have to send your personal data, a description of the project in text format of up to 4,000 characters, a biography of up to 2,000 characters, up to 10 images and a mockup in PDF (if you have it) with a maximum of 10 MB.
The selected ones:
- Will receive free access to courses 1-2-3 of the Agora, school of experimentation, for a value of 180 euros.
- Will receive 10 books, shipping included, for the copyright of the first edition. The rights of the images included in the book will belong at all times to their author, giving us their use for the publication of the book and for communication and dissemination.
- The book will be presented during the EXP.22 festival, from July 20 to 24, 2022 in Barcelona, Spain, in a special conference on book presentations.
- octubre y noviembre se lleva a cabo la convocatoria;
- el 1 de diciembre se presentan los seleccionados; durante diciembre y enero se crea el proyecto colectivamente; en febrero se realiza el diseño y la maquetación; en marzo comienza su impresión; para ser presentado en julio durante el festival EXP.22.
Into | Para Adentro of Belén Vilanova
Our first project: For inside | Into of Belén Vilanova
designed and conceptualized by Aida Navajas
This book is a laboratory on self-image. It is an introspective game, a record of processes that show a way of operating on my own memory, on the changes and fragility of life.
This book is divided into four chapters, one for each stage lived:
C1. Solidifying Childhood;
C2. Youth is Boiling;
C3. Incinerating Adolescence and;
C4. An Evaporated Present