In this intermediate course, we will continue the path begun in the initiation course, exploring new techniques, such as anthotype and experimental printing techniques, and delving into some already started in the previous course, such as chemigrams or solarigraphy. We will also open up new creative possibilities with photo intervention sessions and we will dedicate a session to work with Polaroid. As in other courses, each week we will have access to pre-recorded workshops and conferences to learn in-depth about the different techniques and also listen to the experiences of renowned artists in each field. Likewise, we will have chat support for any questions that arise, and a final meeting in which the projects or ideas of the students could be shared.
+ 8 Sessions
+ 12 Techniques
+ 7 Workshops
+ 2 Meetings
+ 14 Conferences
+ 1 Chat to share material and answer questions
+ Dates: from October 2 to November 20
This course is repeated in December, February and April
+ Duration: 42 teaching hours. Each student manages their time.
The meetings have schedules but it is not mandatory to participate
+ Level: It is recommended to have taken the Introduction course
+ Modality: pre-recorded online with 2 live meetings
+ Language: English and Spanish videos with English subtitles
+ Price: 100 €
Experimental Printing - Intervened Photography - Photoembroidery - Pinhole - Solarigraphy - Analemma - Experimental Polaroid - Antotype - Chlorophyll Printing - Lumen - Alchemography - Chemigrams
SESSION 1: AGORA PRESENTATION MEETING
October 2, live online, ENG 19-21hs (Spanish time - GMT+2)
Meeting: Experimental photography: concepts, debates and techniques with Pablo Giori
- Experimental Darkroom with Christina Z. Anderson
- Espacio/Tiempo en la fotografía experimental con Esteban Pastorino
- Is Experimental Photography a New Apparatus? with Marc Lenot, Célica Veliz, Justin Quinnell, Stig Marlon Weston and Patrice Baunov
- Art and Science with Maciej Zapiór, Alex Kantoros, John Beaver, Felicita Russo and Leandro Tosi
SESSION 2: EXPERIMENTAL PRINTING TECHNIQUES
Workshop: Ferrous gum, an alternative to Gum bichromate from oxidized objects with Lost Processes
- Las imágenes de la tinta con Carles Mitjà.
- Alternative Photography Printing Techniques with Ergül Karagozoglu and GuL Cevikoglu
- Exploraciones en sustratos biodegradables, reciclaje y revelados caseros con Dulce Delia y Javier Piñana
- Climate Crisis and Non-Human Photography: Creating with the Environment with Cendre, Ella Morton and Isabelle Gagné
SESSION 3: INTERVENED PHOTOGRAPHY AND PHOTO EMBROIDERY
- interventions in Photography with Belén Vilanova
- Photoembroidery: intervening printed photographs with Mayra Biajante
- Fotografía Intervenida con Nieves Mingueza, Belén Vilanova y Luis Estopiñán
- Fotografía y danza: hibridismo y experimentación con Ana Mundim
SESSION 4: PINHOLE, SOLARIGRAPHY and ANALEMMA
Workshop: Basic and Unexplored Pinhole Experimentation Workshop with Justin Quinnell
- Solarigraphy and Beyond with Kasia Kozinsca and Maciej Zapiór
- SolariSwap: Atravesando fronteras | Crossing borders con Kümei Kirschmann, JB Cunillera, Pilu Ann Alógica, Guillermo Álvarez and Solar Crossworlds (Jeff McConnell and Diana Pankova)
- Pinhole Revolution with Justin Quinnell, Dianne Bos and Jeff McConnell
SESSION 5: EXPERIMENTAL POLAROID
Workshop: Polarexp: Experimental Polaroids, Transfer Lift and Double Exposure with Gal Wachs
Conference: Instant Photography with Felicita Russo and Erin Delsigne
SESSION 6: ANTHOTYPE and CHLOROPHYLL PRINTING
Workshop: Vegetal Techniques: Anthotype and Chlorotype with Célica Véliz
- Antotipia y revelado en clorofila con Valeria Elide y Kimberly Hallyburton
- Fotografía botánica: Brotes de la retentiva y proyecto Rumiantes con Paula Dornan y Manuel Limay
SESSION 7: LUMEN PRINTS, ALCHEMOGRAPHY and CHEMIGRAMS
Workshop: Lumen Prints: Using Digital Screens to Print Analogue Photos with Andrey Piletsky
- Alchemography with Alexandros Kantoros
- Chemigrams, Crystalogram, and Soil Chromatography with GuL Cevikoglu and Stig Marlon Weston
SESSION 8: CLOSING OF AGORA MEETING
November 20, live online, ENG 19-21hs (Spanish time - GMT+2)
Presentations of student work, viewing of references and dynamics with questions
- The three technical courses are repeated in December, January and April. Whenever you want to work on a personal project, you can enter the Mentorship Experimental Project course if there are places available.
- It is possible to finance the cost of these workshops in instalments. Send us an email for more details
- The contents of all the courses will be available until September 1, 2024.
- Ágora reserves the right to modify aspects of the content if it deems it necessary.
- The economic and administrative management of the Ágora is the responsibility of the Experimentalphotofestival non-profit association and the workshops purchased are non-refundable. All courses carry a VAT of 21% included in the price. During the payment process, you will be asked for a Passport number, NIE/NIF/CIF that must be provided solely and exclusively for accounting and tax matters.